Insufficient preparatory work for the floor paint construction may easily cause sanding and powdering, resulting in a decrease in surface tensile strength, or poor surface treatment, oil pollution on the ground, and other objects that can react with the floor paint, thereby affecting the floor The adhesion of the paint caused the floor to crust. The moisture content of the base layer is too high, which will also affect the adhesiveness of the paint film. If the base surface is properly treated, it can largely avoid the defects such as floor shelling, air bubbles, and delamination.
Floor paint construction requirements
1. The surface of the grassroots must be compact without looseness, sanding and delamination;
2. The floor concrete strength finally reaches above C25, and the surface withstands pressure above 60Mpa;
3. The flatness of the surface of the base layer reaches 2 meters, and the height difference of the ruler inspection is not more than 3mm;
4. The first layer of epoxy ground construction should be ground moisture-proof treatment first;
5. The moisture content of the base surface is required to be less than 4%;
6. There must be sufficient hardening time for the concrete base surface just after the construction. Generally, under the condition of relative humidity 65% and temperature above 20 °, it needs to be naturally dried for more than 28 days before floor paint construction.
Environmental requirements for floor paint construction
1. Ground clearance, construction waste and construction equipment clearance at the construction site;
2. When other construction teams evacuate the operation area, non-construction personnel and vehicles are not allowed to enter the floor paint construction area;
3. There must be no leakage or seepage on the wall and top wall;
4. Ensuring sufficient lighting in the construction area to ensure that construction workers have good sight;
5. There are good ventilation facilities in the construction area to ensure the air flow during or after construction, which helps to dry the paint layer and shorten curing time.
Front ground treatment
1. For cement or terrazzo with oily soil (edible oil, motor oil, etc.), first use sodium hydroxide (commonly known as caustic soda) on the surface that has been wet with water, scrub repeatedly with a bamboo broom, and then rinse with water. Repeatedly 2-3 times, until there is no oil on the surface. Construction personnel should wear long water boots and rubber gloves to prevent caustic soda from corroding the skin.
2. For the ground with old paint, if the paint is easy to crust, fall off or react with the paint, it must be completely removed or sanded off before construction. If most of the paint surface has good adhesion and does not react with the floor paint, first remove the easily peelable paint skin, and then sand the old paint surface with a sander or hand sandpaper to enhance the interlayer adhesion of the new paint.
3. The ground that is not very flat, with agglomerated cement and floating cement slag, is polished with a diamond water mill first, and then cleaned and vacuumed.
4. For deeper expansion joints, first fill it with colored elastic glue to a height of about 1-2mm below the ground level, and then smooth it with quick-drying hard paint putty. For expansion joints filled with asphalt, The asphalt in the middle is leveled to a depth of 1-2mm below the ground level, and then smoothed with a quick-drying hard paint putty to prevent discoloration.
5. For wet or partially watery grounds that are in urgent need of construction, take measures such as absorbing water, drying, sun light, hot air blower or gas flame baking to accelerate drying to meet the construction requirements.